1. Find the relative Atomic Mass (Ar) for the following elements.
2. Find the relative formula mass (Mr) for the following compounds.
2. Find the percentage of oxygen in the following compounds. Which compound has the greatest percentage
3. Find the percentage of carbon in the following compounds. Which compound has the least percentage
4. Sebastian needs to make 20 g of ZnCl2. He knows he can make ZnCl2 by reacting Zn with HCl acid.
Zn + HCl --> ZnCl2 + H2
- Determine the relative atomic masses and the relative formula masses for the reactants and the products.
- Determine the ratio of Zn to ZnCl2
- Determine the ratio of HCl to ZnCl2
- Determine how much Zn and HCl you need to form 20 g of ZnCl2.
5. Jane wants to make 100 g of Hg. To do this she is going to heat HgO to form Hg and O2.
- What type of reaction is this?
- Balance the equation
HgO --> Hg + O2
- Determine the relative formula and relative atomic masses of the reactants and of the products.
- Determine the ratio of HgO to Hg
- Determine how much HgO Jane needs to heat to form 100g of Hg.